October 13, 2009

Fitness Driving Business

About 5 years ago, I woke up one day and my knee hurt. Instead of analyzing what the cause was, I decided I needed to get in better shape. I remember signing up at the gym and I've never looked back since. Recently, I noticed the parallel between fitness and business:



Goals:
In fitness, the focus is on improved performance, better health and renewed confidence. It's very similar for business. Setting and accomplish goals turns into momentum which breeds confidence.


Habits:
It's always hardest to go to the gym after a long layoff, but once you go successive days in a row it becomes part of your routine. Comparably, I've disciplined myself to do this weekly newsletter because it helps improve my writing and shares what I've been learning lately.


Self-Motivation:
At the end of the day, YOU are responsible for motivating yourself. Don't look to someone or something to drive you. Winners don't make excuses. You have to be creative when it comes to staying inspired.


There's a lot to learn from physical fitness that can help us in the business world. Achieving goals, creating good habits and being self-motivated are just three. Start looking at your physical health as a catalyst for your career growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!