October 27, 2009

The Generosity Cycle

How do you repay generosity? You can't. Accept it with gratitude and humility, then give the same to others when the opportunity arises.

Recently, I've been on the receiving end of some very generous people. It's made a significant impact on my life. In the past, my ego would say, "You worked hard - you deserve this." Today, I realize I've done nothing to "earn" these acts of kindness and it makes me truly thankful for the people God has put in my life.

A generous man will prosper;
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

~ Proverbs 11:25


As an entrepreneur, I'm learning we can only do so much, then it's up to God and His timing. Since I've made a shift in "trust;" the results have changed. I work hard, but don't put added pressure on myself to make things happen. For example, instead of trying to "sell myself" at networking functions, I wait for the opportunity to talk one-on-one and see what happens. Sure, it might take longer, but it's genuine and who I am.


Receiving generosity has opened my mind and heart. It has motivated me to give to others when I have the chance. Like the verse earlier says, "I can't wait to refresh others!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!